Daytona Bike Week: Kick Winter to the Curb!
Ah, Daytona Bike Week March 4-13! The official kick-winter-to-the-curb event for us bikers!
Unfortunately, we won't be there (it has just gotten way too expensive and complicated) - but if we *were* - here are some of the events we'd like to see:
First things first: I'd enter for a chance to win the Harley-Davidson motorcycle with the official 75th Anniversary logo emblazoned on it (and "customized to the hilt" so they say). Tickets are $50 but that supports this event we all love so much. Drawing held on March 12. Details here.
We love live bands (did you know Tracey used to be in one?! She's even on several albums!) so no doubt we'd be spending some of our time at the Broken Spoke Saloon. ( See the band line-up here)
And, of course, we'd be RIDING! Check out The Loop for a taste of Florida riding!
Now for specific events, we'd choose...
- March 5-6: World famous Budweiser Clydesdales parade down Main Street. Bonus: Pick up a souvenir collector 75th Anniversary Budweiser cup at Riverfront Park during the event. Details.
- March 5: Renegade Magazine's Zombie Apocalypse Tour is back (who doesn't want to see zombies? well, besides our daughter...)! Registration 12pm-3pm, awards at 4pm. No Registration Fee! Broken Spoke Saloon
- March 5: Miss Swimsuit USA International Model Search (okay so I put this one on the list for the MEN!). 6pm @ Bruce Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona. Info here.
- March 8: MDA Women's Ride - Sponsored by Harley- Davidson®, Starts off at 10 am from Daytona International Speedway. Details here.
- March 9: Editor's Choice H-D® Bike Show, at Broken Spoke Daytona. Registration starts at 8am. Judging begins at Noon. Awards at 4pm.
- March 10: Battle of the Baggers @ the Cabbage Patch Bar. Registration starts at 11am, $25.00 registration fee per class. Info here.
- March 11: Full Throttle Bike Show @ Daytona Beach Boardwalk Next to the Main Street Pier. $500 to best of show with 20 categories and 57 trophies. Details.
- March 12: World Famous Coleslaw Wrestling @ Cabbage Patch (really? coleslaw? that seems like something us midwesterners could get into...) Info here.
A WORD TO THE WISE
When Bike Week ends, so too does our Winter Clearance Sale. If you're looking for a mount for your phone or GPS, now is the time to buy! Check out our Clearance Page - or if you're a Spyder rider, get your hands on your mount while they are up to 35% off!
- Tracey Cramer