Six Tips to Get the Most from Your Phone
Having a smart phone on your motorcycle can be extremely helpful, but as with any technology, you can experience glitches. Here are our top tips for getting the most out of using your phone while riding a motorcycle.
Make it easier to read:Go to phone settings -> screen brightness. Turn off “auto” and adjust the brightness as high as it will go.
- Reduce sun glare: When phone is in the mount, angle it so that reflects toward your chest; this will reduce glare from the sky (all our phone mounts have adjustable angle features)
- Touch screen function: If you need to use the touch screen function, go to phone settings -> screen sensitivity and turn it all the way up. This makes the touch screen more responsive when you are wearing gloves
- Font: You may want to change your font to a larger size
- Color: Similarly, you could change background colors (the more plain the better)
- Organize: Set up your initial screen with the apps you need the most when riding to minimize the number of swipes required
For help with mounting your phone, check out Tracey's other recent articles: Choosing a Phone Mount that's Right for YOU and Location, Location, Location: WHERE to Mount your Phone.
- Tracey Cramer